We had the sweetest time visiting Hershey, PA, last week!
Hershey has become an annual vacation spot for us because, despite my boy’s age gap, there is something for EVERYONE! Since we are starting to get into the grove of navigating Hershey, I wanted to compile a list of helpful Hershey park tips and tricks for your next visit!
Hershey Tips and Tricks:
- Create this DIY Vacation Countdown shown right before your visit – this will help your child prepare AND alleviate the million “how many days until we leave” questions.
- Utilize Hersheypark Preview Night – Simply show your ticket at the main entrance before your full-day visit and enjoy the park for FREE the night before (valid for 2 hours before closing/3 hours for resort guests.)
- Chocolate World Chocolate Tour is ALWAYS FREE! This is such a fun, interactive ride – to avoid lines, I recommend visiting first thing in the morning (we walked right on!)
- Hersheypark has TONS of free water fill stations and you can bring in your own water bottle of water jug helping you save money and stay hydrated
- While we love the create-your-own candy bar, I HIGHLY recommend visiting Hershey Story Museum and creating candy at their Chocolate Lab – this is way more hands-on and budget-friendly (only $16.50/ adult and $12.50/child.) They also have a social story for visitors who are autistic or sensory-sensitive.
- ZooAmerica is included for free with your Hersheypark tickets and has a private Hershey entrance back by the Kissing Tower.
- Hersheypark has an amazing accessibility program and is highly inclusive. You can learn more about their accessibility pass and more HERE; filling out their questionnaire before your visit is recommended.
- Bring your own wagon or stroller – even if your kids are a little too old, it’s helpful just to help carry your bags and water bottles. You can also rent strollers at the park.
- Hit the Boardwalk Water Park early at Hersheypark as it closes an hour before the park AND gets pretty busy mid-day.
- Play the Disc Drop game – this is only $5 to play, AND everyone is a winner. We got the cutest Hershey candy bar plushie for way cheaper than purchasing at the gift shops!
That’s it – for now! We visit Hersheypark annually with the kids, so stay tuned for an updated list of our Hershey tips and tricks.