Hey friends! Last year my oldest wanted to be Harry Potter for Halloween, so of course we needed to make A, our little house elf, Dobby! While I couldn’t find any costumes in his size, I was able to make a DIY Dobby costume for only $1, no sewing needed!
DIY Dobby Costume
- Tan felt
- Craft/Fabric glue or hot glue gun
- Fabric Scissors
For Dobby’s Outfit:
- Start by cutting the closed end of the pillow case in a semi circle (this will be the top/where head goes through.) Keep scrap.
- On the sides of each pillow cut two more semicircles (for arms)
- Cut three strips out of the scrap
- Bundle two corners between neck area and arm area and tie with strips
- If needed, use third scrap strip to tie front of pillowcase to make shorter/adjust length
For Dobby’s Ears:
- Using a pencil sketch dobby’s ears on felt (google images for reference.)
- Cut two ears out of felt
- Glue ears onto headband and let dry
That’s it! This DIY no-sew Dobby costume is SO easy and perfect for the little Harry Potter fans in your life!