Hey friends! It’s Carnival Day over at The DIY Moms and to celebrate we created our own mini at home carnival – complete with game and snack ideas, plus some free printables to share. So grab your admission ticket (print here: Carnival Ticket Printable) and get ready for some fun!
We created two DIY games for our Carnival, a dartless balloon pop game and popcorn toss game. You can snag the printable signs plus a blank template to make your own game here: Carnival Game Signs
Dartless Balloon Pop
- Poster board
- Ball or beanbag
- On the back of your poster board draw a grid to decide how you want to lay out your balloons (optional)
- Stick thumbtacks through back of poster board
- Tape balloons on front of poster board carefully just above thumbtack so when they are hit with ball or beanbag they pop
Have your child stand back and try to throw the ball or beanbag at the balloons to pop them. My oldest loved this game and has already asked me to make it again.
- Bucket or Bin (we used a large plastic popcorn bucket from Dollar Tree)
- Assortment of balls – we used yellow balls from our ball pit
How To Play:
Have your child stand back and see how much popcorn they can fill the bucket with (toss balls into bucket.) This game was perfect for my youngest.
After all of the fun from playing DIY carnival games your little ones are sure to work up an appetite! For our at home carnival snacks we served funnel cakes and cotton candy milkshakes! For the funnel cakes I used this kit we found at our local Aldi.
Cotton Candy Milkshake
- Frozen Bean Cotton Candy mix, you can purchase HERE (affiliate link, use code MOMBUNS to save 15%)
- 3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
Just blend until at a creamy milkshake consistency, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Looking for more kids carnival themed craft and activity ideas? Check out my Instagram HERE or visit @TheDIYMoms.