Hey friends, I have some magical pretend play fun to share today! One of Adrian’s favorite books is Usborne’s That’s Not My Dragon.. (available in my bookshop HERE) and you know I can’t turn down a good book and craft activity pairing so we decided to make our own touchy feely dragon wings!
- That’s Not My Dragon Touchy Feely Book (optional)
- Box cutter or sharp scissors
- Hot glue gun
- Items to decorate your wings with and give them texture (feathers, glitters, dot markers, stickers, pom-poms, etc.)
- Cut 2 wing shapes out of cardboard (tip: use your first wing as a template to cut the second so they are the same.) You can also just attempt to do one whole wing set, however we found it easiest to do separate pieces.
- Paint your wings and let dry
- Decorate your wings
- Hot glue the wings together
- Cut ribbon into 4 pieces
- Hot glue two pieces of ribbon to each wing to create arm loops you can tie to keep the wings on your child.