With Mother’s Day around the corner I wanted to share this easy DIY Mother’s Day gift inspired by our Mess-Free Painting activity. This DIY gift is also perfect for grandma or any family member and the best part? MESS-FREE art!
- Canvas (we got ours in the Crafter’s Square section of Dollar Tree)
- Gallon zip-lock bag
- Masking tape optional
- Paint brush optional
- Create a shape or message on the canvas using masking tape (this step is optional)
- Place a few drops of paint colors on the canvas
- Carefully slide canvas inside zip-lock bag and seal shut
- Have your little ones paint mess free using their hands or a paint brush – visit this mess-free painting activity article for more ideas
- Carefully slide canvas out of zip-lock once your child is done mess-free painting
- Take a paper towel and carefully blot any excess paint
- Let dry
- Peel masking tape off if you created a design
If you own a Cricut or similar machine use vinyl instead of masking tape.
You can also add handprints and footprints for a more sentimental touch – don’t forget to date the back for the perfect DIY keepsake gift.