Hey friends! Ever wonder what to do with those millions of broken crayon pieces? Well instead of tossing them, upcycle them into new fun shapes with this EASY 4 step make your own crayons tutorial.
- broken crayon pieces
- silicone mold in shape of your choice (we used Easter egg ones!)
- Place broken crayon pieces in silicone mold, make sure paper wrap is removed (soaking in warm water can help do this)
- Bake in pre-heated over at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place in freezer for additional 10 minutes
- Carefully remove your new crayons by sliding a butter knife around the sides and pushing up gently from the middle
How easy is that?! Watch the video below to see us making our Easter egg crayons and don’t forget to tag me if you try making your own, I’d love to see!
Disclaimer: Oven times and temperatures may vary, do at your own discretion. Never leave oven unattended.