Hey friends! Spring has sprung which means Easter is right around the corner.
To get into the Easter spirit I teamed up with some of my crafty blogger friends to share Easter themed snacks and food ideas. For ours we created an Easter Bunny House, inspired by this post from Gluesticks Blog a friend sent me.
This Easter Bunny House (similar to a gingerbread house, but with Pop-Tarts) isn’t only a delicious treat to snack on or make as an after dinner Easter dessert, but also makes for a fun family Easter activity with the kids! Keep reading to see how we put yours together and for more Easter snack, food, and dessert ideas!
- 5 Pop-Tarts, we used the Strawberry Milkshake flavor, but any will do!
- 2 Bags of Icing – 1 white, 1 green
- Assorted Easter candy (we got ours at Dollar Tree)
- Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies
- Stick together 4 Pop-Tarts as shown below with white icing like you would a gingerbread house
- Let icing dry a few minutes and then add 5th Pop-Tart to the top as the roof
- Squeeze green icing around base of the Pop-Tarts to create “grass” and help the structure stay sturdy
- Ice the back of 1 Peeps bunny and place it on the front of your Easter Bunny House
- Get creative and decorate! We used assorted candy in pastel colors we found at our local Dollar Tree including diner mints, Easter shaped tart candies, and jellybeans.
- Let icing dry or start snacking on this yummy Easter treat right away, your choice!