It’s Fat Tuesday aka Mardi Gras! We decided to take some time yesterday to learn a little more about Mardi Gras and make masks to celebrate.
For our masks I made two designs, one color-in design for my oldest and one dot-art design for my youngest, I’ve included both in the printable template below.
- Mask template: Mardi Gras Masks
- Markers/Dot Markers in green, purple, and yellow. We used THESE from Amazon, affiliate link
- Wooden dowel
- Optional: Additional decorations (ex. glitter, gems, feathers)
- First we printed out the mask templates on cardstock (regular printer paper would suffice) and cut them out.
- Next, we started coloring in our masks in Mardi Gras colors (purple for justice, yellow for power, and green for faith.)
- Add additional decorations if you’d like.
- Lastly, glue wooden dowel to back of mask, hold for approx. 30 seconds, and then let dry until sturdy.
Head to my Instagram HERE or visit The DIY Moms to see even more Mardi Gras kids themed crafts and activities including Coffee with Kari’s Mardi Gras Masks and Grey Skies + Rainbow Highs Mardi Gras Beads Process Art.