Hey friends! I wanted to share this simple craft my oldest son and I did together that was not only a lot of fun, but a great self-esteem and self-confidence boosting activity.
This craft was inspired by Michael’s Camp Creativity “I am… Activity” found here.
- 8 Clothespins
- Yellow & Orange Paint
- Sharpie or dark marker
- Cut white paper in a circle or print Michael’s “I Am… Activity” circle template found here
- Glue circle onto cardboard – this keeps the sun sturdy and makes it easier to paint
- Paint the circle yellow while on the cardboard and let dry
- Next, paint the clothespins orange and let dry
- Once the circle is dry cut around cardboard to make a solid circle and write “I am..” in the center
- Next, discuss with your child their best qualities, attributes, etc. and write one descriptive word on each clothespin
- Attach each clothespin to the circle to create your Self-Confidence Sun
- Place in an area that your child will see regularly as a daily reminder and self-esteem booster