Hey friends! I wanted to share this simple craft my oldest son and I did together that was not only a lot of fun, but a great self-esteem and self-confidence boosting activity.
This craft was inspired by Michael’s Camp Creativity “I am… Activity” found here.
- 8 Clothespins
- Yellow & Orange Paint
- Sharpie or dark marker
- Cut white paper in a circle or print Michael’s “I Am… Activity” circle template found here
- Glue circle onto cardboard – this keeps the sun sturdy and makes it easier to paint
- Paint the circle yellow while on the cardboard and let dry
- Next, paint the clothespins orange and let dry
- Once the circle is dry cut around cardboard to make a solid circle and write “I am..” in the center
- Next, discuss with your child their best qualities, attributes, etc. and write one descriptive word on each clothespin
- Attach each clothespin to the circle to create your Self-Confidence Sun
- Place in an area that your child will see regularly as a daily reminder and self-esteem booster
This is such a great way to let your children discuss & reflect on why they are such important, amazing people
Oh I think this is just a great activity. So simple and sweet. These are the best kind of crafts where even young kids can be successful and won’t get frustrated.
Thank you and yes I agree this is a nice easy frustration-free craft!
This Is a great project that boosts confidence! I am going to try this out!
This is awesome! I’ve been looking for ways to start incorporating positive affirmations into my routine with my toddler (she’s 2) and this would be so fun! We could even take the clothespins off at night before bed and say each one, and then put them back on each morning saying each one to get some repetition of the I am statements into your routine! Thanks for this! 🙂
That is such a great idea!
This is just darling and what a fun way to boost your confidence!
this is such a simple but cool idea .. totally great way to start wonderful empowering conversations
This is such a great craft! Thanks!
This is such a nice idea for kids! What a wonderfully positive craft.
So wonderful! The sun represents brightness and these affirmations help boost their self-confidence.
I love this craft! such a great idea, I’m going to do this with my daughter this week. Thanks for sharing!
This is a fun and easy idea. I would love to do this with my daughter. Luckily, we have the materials needed so we’ll try this tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.