Happy Monday, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! I wanted to start the week off on a sweet note with this simple two-ingredient no bake dessert recipe!
This has been one of my favorite summer treats since growing up as a child (my boys now love it too!), a great alternative to ice cream, and SO easy to make.
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 box Strawberry Jello
- for Jello: 1 cup cold & 1 cup boiling water
- Start off by mixing the Jello as directed on the box (with 1 cup boiling water + 1 cup cold water)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours
- Take Jello out of the fridge before it is fully set and mix in 1 full container of Cool Whip.
- Mix until Jello and Cool Whip are completely blended
- Cover and refrigerate for approx. 1 hour until the mixture sets and thickens up some (OR quick set approx. 30 minutes in freezer.)
- Optional: top with a dollop of whipped cream
This recipe is so simple and also fun to play around with. You can mix in fresh or frozen cut up strawberries before refrigerating the second time or change the flavor by using a different Jello mix -orange makes a yummy creamsicle tasting treat!
This looks so tasty and easy to make! I bet my kids would love it!
This sounds so good and perfect for summer!
Thanks for sharing, I’ve saved it for later. Hopefully, I will get the chance to try the recipe this summer.
OMG my son WOULD LOVE THIS!! He is such a strawberry fanatic, I’m definitely going to try this especially since it looks super easy!
look delicious with very simple ingredients and suitable for summer dessert , i will try to make it for my kids , thanks
This looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it.