Hey everyone! Landon has been missing music class, so we decided to make our own drum set and have some musical fun at home.
This was so easy to make with supplies we already had in our home and made for such a great musical dance party after. I have included a tutorial below with a list of alternative items you might find in your house as well to make this easy D.I.Y. family craft project!
- Empty can with label removed – we used a formula can, but you can use any type.
- 1 large rubber band – this can be replaced with tape.
- 1 Balloon – this can also be replaced with tape (painters tape is best) or saran wrap.
- 2 unsharpened pencils to use as drumsticks.
- Stickers, markers, and paint to decorate.
- First we decorated our drum (the empty can.) We chose to use markers and stickers, but get creative! Remove the lid of the can, if applicable.
- Next cut the tip of the balloon off and stretched it around the top of the can. If using saran wrap follow the same steps. If using tape cover the top of the can completely, use an as little amount of tape as possible (you want the top to be thin, but sturdy.)
- Lastly, secure the balloon or saran wrap around the rim of the can with a rubber band or you can tape it down. If you used tape on top, skip this step.
- Start drumming! We used unsharpened pencils as drumsticks for ours, but you can use anything similar around your house or just your hands as well. Have fun!