Did you know today, February 17th, is National Random Acts of Kindness Day? Well, if you didn’t, now you do!
I believe kindness should always be thrown around like confetti, especially today, so I’ve created a list of 10 ways you can celebrate the day!
- Give flowers to a stranger – this is how we are participating today!
- Walk around giving out compliments (verbally OR on little notes)
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-through or Starbucks line
- Send a friend or family member an anonymous gift
- Donate to a local shelter, food bank, or charity
- Surprise a friend with their favorite coffee or treat
- Volunteer somewhere local (nursing home, animal shelters, churches, etc.)
- Treat a coworker, or friend, to lunch
- Leave inspirational post-it notes/positive affirmations around your neighborhood (car windshields, grocery aisles, bookshelves, park benches, bus stops etc.)
- Simply smile! Yes just simply smiling at a stranger can spread kindness and joy, which is why they say “smiles are contagious.”
These ideas can be used ANY day, so please remember to keep spreading kindness every day.
Always remember to be kind my friends! Please feel free to comment below more random acts of kindness ideas or how you celebrate the day!